Lindows
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    34SP.com Forum Index // Other OS Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtweed
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well if that's how you feel about FreeBSD, then you've picked the wrong host for your web site.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
pobz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: Lindows 4.5 Reply with quote
Have had Linspire(Lindows) 4.5 for a couple of weeks now, and can say i`m fairly impressed.

Simple enough to install for people who are not linux minded.

runs well (its a debian distro underneath)

the CNR is simple enough for newbies to install programs quickly and easily, but will annoy hardcore linux fans.

they dropped the WINE based angle in favour of making it a linux distro rather than a windows wannabe. (You can still install WINE or Cross Over Office etc....)

All in all i would recomened this to someone fancying escaping microsoft but finds linux daunting and complicated.

(Before the flames start that blah blah mandrake is easy to install etc.... Understand the average user doesnt know what their doing and the less they have to do to get the computer running the better)

To anyone who tried v2.0 and consigned the project to the bin i would say give it another go.

Its available for free if you know the right offer codes to type in, so dont let the $49.95 proce tag put you off.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    34SP.com Forum Index // Other OS Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: