34sp in top 3 from my research

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twinbee
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: 34sp in top 3 from my research Reply with quote
I know for many, I'm preaching to the converted , but I thought you lot may be interested in some independent research on hosts I've undertaken. The site is currently nonprofit (except a donation link), and there are no 'affiliate' links at all.

Finding the best web site hosting the Googalistic way

Very briefly, I very carefully search through Google results to see how many users like or dislike a host. It's taken hundreds of hours to compile the results.

It's current in second place, but due to the slightly unpredictable nature of the results, 34SP could even be first!
Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Interesting site, Twinbee. What made you conduct your research?
Twinbee
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
There were at least three reasons. The first was because I was curious to find out whether the best were the most popular, and to see if I could find any notable trends amongst the best or worst hosts. I love comparing stuff, and you'll see that a common theme throughout my site is to compare stuff, whether they be programs, music, knots, or even fruit!

The second reason was to add more quality content to my site, and for the research to be useful for the visitors.

The third reason was... yes... income. I won't pretend I wasn't hoping to make some money from the site, and as I have already said on the page, Dreamhost was best at the time, and was making me one commission sale per month. Of course, they have since plummeted (probably due to their fairly recent server problems - see their blog), and now I don't receive any commission from them or anyone.

The best hosts deserve to do well, and my site visitors (well everyone) deserve the best hosts too, so I think that's what's most important in the end.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    34SP.com Forum Index // Testimonials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: