Windows Server 2003

View previous topic :: View next topic  
death2all
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Windows Server 2003 Reply with quote
I recently installed Windows Server 2003 Enterprise in a spare machine in a local network and set it up as a dns and domain server. After adding the assorted users (domain admins and normal users) what configuration changes do I have to make so that any profiles created will be created in the server and not on the workstations?

I tried it and noticed that a second profile is created on each machine once I login, belonging to the domain.

The client machines are all Windows XP Pro. with SP2 installed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
didget18
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Profile Reply with quote
Hi there, i am a new user here and have an answer for you, althought you may have already done it. you need to log in on each computer and run gpedit.msc and under local computer enable delete local profile when user logs off. this will stop any profiles saving on local computers.

Sorry its so late
Post new topic   Reply to topic    34SP.com Forum Index // Windows Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: