MediaWiki

Post new topic   Reply to topic    34SP.com Forum Index // Non Members Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: MediaWiki Reply with quote
Do 34sp provide MediaWiki for customers?

I want a wiki, but I can't be bothered with taking care of maintenance side of things. Do 34sp provide such a service?
Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
MediaWiki can be installed using our scripts service at http://script.34sp.com/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Daniel wrote:
MediaWiki can be installed using our scripts service at http://script.34sp.com/

Thanks Daniel.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does the installer script perform a one off installation? (Which I could perform myself) Or, once I have run the installer, am I kept up to date with patches etc?
imknight
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Our installers do the first installation for you only they do not then keep themselves updated, although we are looking to start mailing people when new versions are available from our installer.

We do then offer where possible the ability to upgrade direct from the same script installer again. We do however highly recommend that you make full backups of database etc before using any such upgrader as its not possible to be 100% that a upgrade will always go smoothly due to users added plugins etc etc.

We are looking to make the upgrade processes where available easier and this should hopefully be seen available to users in the near future.
Used our script installers? Please post your site here

| Wordpress Hosting |
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply.

I was hoping for a maintenance free option. But if all I have to do is run a script that's pretty minimal.

I'm trying to avoid the phpBB situation, where outdated boards are attacked by script kiddies. Having said that. I suspect MediaWiki's code is more secure than phpBB due to the era it was created - although maybe I'm asking far too much here!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    34SP.com Forum Index // Non Members Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum