shockingly poor lack of communication from 34sp

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sweavo
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: shockingly poor lack of communication from 34sp Reply with quote
I have a suggestion: send an email to users when you disable FTP access!

I'm in the middle of an unsatisfactory support call regarding permissions on my filestore stopping wordpress from uploading... next thing I know FTP stops working and I have to go to the support pages again to find out what's been changed this time!

34sp have been excellent in the past but a small catalogue of unnecessary niggles is starting to make me think of just taking my 4 sites elsewhere.

Last edited by Sweavo on Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
William
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Although my reply is off topic may I respectfully suggest that you give your forum topics a meaningful title.

The forums are currently subject to many spam posts and the moderators have to manually delete them one at a time. 'My God' can easily be mistaken for spam - in fact I did and nearly deleted it.

Meaningful titles also help other forum members when searching for answers to their problems.

Many thanks.
imknight
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just for clarification here - all personal hosting plan users were emailed shortly after the serverwide implementation of this system.

Can you please confirm that your email address that you use to login on the www.34SP.com/login page is current, and if there is any spamfiltering on it it might be worth adding @34sp.com to the whitelist.
Used our script installers? Please post your site here

| Wordpress Hosting |
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Sweavo
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hmm, thanks for pointing that out, I will check.

I'm proably being unfairly grumpy as the FTP problem hit me while I was on holiday trying to upload some photos, after I already had problems with directory permissions preventing wordpress from allowing uploads. Having had everything (wordpress uploads and FTP) operating just fine for years, this all came at once.

The support person for the directory problem didn't want to help me until I installed WP from the supported install scripts, but that's an out of date WP and keeps telling me to upgrade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    34SP.com Forum Index // Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: