any news on todays events?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gav
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: any news on todays events? Reply with quote
is there any news on whats happened this morning and when normal service is expected to be returned?

I have a few clients wanting more information mainly when they can expect their sites to be back up and i cant get through to 34sp support?
ottomancer
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am in the same boat. No news on when service is expected to be restored, and clients wondering when their sites will be back up.
gav
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
fault was resolved at 21:56 last night by an off-duty tech and his iphone.
cheers Tom.

To be honest I was a little disappointed yesterday by the level of support we received from 34sp, 22 hours downtime on a reseller server has to set off a warning flag or two?

I appreciate that your main site was down for a bit and that will have been your main priority getting it back up and running, but some information for us to pass onto our clients would have been nice?

Things only got worse for us when early afternoon httpd failed as well taking all our holding pages with it and the only update on the status feed was a change in time-stamp, no new information was given after the initial response from support, repeated requests for updates were left ignored. As resellers we too have angry clients banging at the door so something new to tell them would have been nice.

We had no notification the fault had occurred except for our own cron tasks alerting us to errors and the inability to check our emails, there were no status updates (other than a change in time-stamp) and it was only 21 hours later when an off-duty engineer decided to pop into the irc channel we actually got things sorted, and it only took him 5 minutes to get us back up.

I have been with 34sp since 2004 and yesterday was the worst level of support I have received from you guys, I only hope this is a blip in what is normally a 1st class level of service.

</rant-over>

Tom said last night that he believes he has sorted the problems with server 9 and its recent hatred of 'localhost' mysql connections, if it happens again will we be migrated to a new box?
Winbar
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
here we go again...
gav
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Winbar wrote:
here we go again...

according to my monitoring crons the mysql service returned to action just after midnight...

@34sp is there any news/update on whats going on, I thought this issue had been resolved?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    34SP.com Forum Index // Reseller Hosting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: