Wordpress quesions if transferring to 34SP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    34SP.com Forum Index // Non Members Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarcL

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Wordpress quesions if transferring to 34SP Reply with quote
Hi there,

34SP has been recommended by friends and people at work as a nice reliable ISP and I wondered if I could ask a few questions.

My site has a Wordpress backend using 1 MySQL database. Do other people run Wordpress on 34SP servers and does everythingl work fine? I seem to have some issues with my current webhost in which Wordpress cannot connect properly to the database. Wordpress suggest it's a problem with the webhost and them either running out of diskspace for the SQL database or not cleaning out cache/temp directories. My webhost suggest otherwise!

They have also suggest that they have a cap on the number of concurrent MySQL connections and this may be the cause of the problem. Does 34SP have such a cap and will it affect me?

I have never transferred webhost and domain name before. Is it easy to do?

Thanks for your help,
Marc
SfCommand

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Wordpress quesions if transferring to 34SP Reply with quote
MarcL wrote:
34SP has been recommended by friends and people at work as a nice reliable ISP and I wondered if I could ask a few questions.

My site has a Wordpress backend using 1 MySQL database. Do other people run Wordpress on 34SP servers and does everythingl work fine? I seem to have some issues with my current webhost in which Wordpress cannot connect properly to the database. Wordpress suggest it's a problem with the webhost and them either running out of diskspace for the SQL database or not cleaning out cache/temp directories. My webhost suggest otherwise!
Yes, I know I run a wordpress blog on our servers fine. I would imagine that there are a large number of other WP users here.

MarcL wrote:
They have also suggest that they have a cap on the number of concurrent MySQL connections and this may be the cause of the problem. Does 34SP have such a cap and will it affect me?
I'm not totally sure, if there is a limit on the nmber of mysql connections, it is set high enough that I've not come across any issues regarding it.

MarcL wrote:
I have never transferred webhost and domain name before. Is it easy to do?
Yes, it's quite easy. It depends on exactly how you want to transfer the domain to us. If you wish us to become the registrar, so that you pay us at renewal time, then you will need to fill out the form here https://www.34sp.com/domaintransfer.php

If your domain is set to expire within the next 28 days you proceed at your own risk. Successful transfers can take 5 working days to complete. This period can take longer dependant on your unique circumstances. We strongly discourage transfers of domains expiring in less than 14 days.

We are happy to assist with your transfer - but ensuring the completion of the transfer inward is your responsibility.
braisprab

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: very good Reply with quote
thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    34SP.com Forum Index // Non Members Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum