Absolute Beginner - looking for help and advice

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leonmc0708
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Absolute Beginner - looking for help and advice Reply with quote
I have been using Word PRess for a while for a site I use for a football team, which is great but not ideal.

I am looking to put a website together for the football team for this purpose that has some pics and stats on there and will have the ability to change the league table and player performances etc.

I have also been asked to hel pa friend with oen for his business - few pages that wont change few pics etc.

Can I please ask advice of you users on best things to use - looked at Joomla and Word Press but my experience is nil pretty much.

Sorry if this is just the most simpel question, but I woudl really appreciate your help.

Are there tutorials on here ? Can anyone suggest a site to look at or video on youtube or the like maybe ?

Thanks in advance.

Leon
philr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Joomla is probably the more powerful of the two, but rather cumbersome in my opinion. Wordpress is perfectly adequate for most websites.

However, both systems offer a wide selection of plugins, including ones that you can use for the management of league tables in a website, e,g,:
I suggest you get started by reading through the online documentation for these systems (Wordpress, Joomla). Try installing and working with both systems, and see which you prefer. If you install something like WampServer on your computer then you can run Wordpress and Joomla from your hard drive instead of having to upload everything to a remote web server. You'll find it much easier to develop websites this way.

Have fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    34SP.com Forum Index // Web Design All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: