Redraw / Enhance old graphics.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peteinhull
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Redraw / Enhance old graphics. Reply with quote
Morning all,

I'm new to the world of web design and graphics. I have previously run my own website, which is still up and running at http://hull-rmpa.org. This site was hosted by Microsoft Small Business which will cease to be on April 30th this year, hence my switch to 34SP. (who incidentally have been absolutely fantastic).

My question is this. I have two very old and very well used graphical images that tbh have seen better days. Not having a clue of how to achieve this I thought I might ask you good fellows!

Is there any way that these images can be enhanced or redrawn so that they are better quality?

I have attached copies of the images in question, as you can see they're a bit 'blocky' and not very smooth, when they are made any bigger they look totally crap!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Pete.

philr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You'll need to redraw them using a vector graphics application like Inkscape or Illustrator. It might seem like a lot of work, but there are several shortcuts you can take. For example, you can make the laurel wreath from just one leaf. Just assemble as many copies as you need to create one half, then mirror it to create the other half.

There's a better copy of Rmpbadge1.gif at rmpabhamcentral.com that you can use for reference, although it looks like a skew-whiff scan of a page printed by an inkjet, so it still isn't perfect.

If you're really stuck I can redraw these badges for you in return for a contribution to the beer fund. Say 20 for both? I've done a few similar things before; here's an example:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    34SP.com Forum Index // Web Design All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: