MediaWiki / unable to edit index.php & site time out

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myddrun
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: MediaWiki / unable to edit index.php & site time out Reply with quote
So I have a phpBB forum and a mediaWiki on my site which did use to work. I have a 3 extensions which haven't been a problem in the past. One that ties the forum user base in to the wiki so you only have to register once, an invite only registration on the phpBB forum, and one that deletes old history of pages.

This has been pretty dormant for quite a while but I was thinking making use of it again so I tried to save a change to the "launch/greeting page" of the wiki where it all went weird on me.

I don't remember making any changes to LocalSetting.php or protected any pages in the wiki but I can't seem to save the main page space of the wiki with out being thrown out with a 403 you don't have permission to edit /dir/index.php.

This is promptly followed without fail by a site-wide "The connection has timed out: The server at www.myddrun.co.uk is taking too long to respond."

Any ideas what I might have done?
myddrun
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: MediaWiki / unable to edit index.php & site time out Reply with quote
Sorry that should have been "You don't have permission to access /dir/index.php on this server" But I can save changes to any other wiki page.

I'm seeing some suggestions that something called mod_security on Apache servers might be the problem?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    34SP.com Forum Index // Website Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: