GreyListing now available on 34SP hosting accounts
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
manuel
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
34sp is increasingly setting itself up as a censor. This greylisting stuff may suit some people but to me it's not only useless, it's a positive menace. I never got any spam for several years in my inbox. Greylisting is not 100% perfect so all it does for me is possibly bin some incoming mail which I might want to read.
I was not asked by email whether or not I wanted it and it seems there's no way in control panel for me to set/unset it or to check whether it's being applied or not. Greylisting wouldn't be so bad if I could manage it myself in control panel, but I don't like this approach where 34sp tells me what's best for me and decides to take control. I'm grown up and would like to manage the situation myself.
thetribe
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm happy greylisting has been enabled on my account and understand 34SP cannot please every person all of the time. And they do offer the chance to opt out, as per Ians first post in this topic

imknight wrote:
If anyone has any issues or does not want to participate with greylisting then please let us know.

imknight
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You are most welcome to simply drop an email in and it will then be disabled for you - it is by no means being forced on people.

We did not implement this until such time that we were able to control it on a per domain basis.
Used our script installers? Please post your site here

| Wordpress Hosting |
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
DiV

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've just had greylisting enabled on my personal account. In the last year my spam levels have gone up to about 100 a day, which was starting to get fairly un-manageable even with the spam filtering in Thunderbird which picked out most of them. I've just checked my email for the first time since this was activated (nearly a week ago) and received 4 spam emails over that period. I am over the moon with how successful this is! I was a little concerned about receiving email from some friends who run their own smtp servers, but even these seem to have coped with the response.

This is nothing short of a godsend for which I am extremely grateful. Let's just hope the effectiveness lasts.
trev

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has greylisting been enabled on all servers now? One of my customers with an account on Mother is complaining about the amount of spam she is getting.

regards
Trevor
imknight
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is on a per request basis at this time, all servers are ready for it - you just need to email in and request it be enabled.
Used our script installers? Please post your site here

| Wordpress Hosting |
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    34SP.com Forum Index // Email Support All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: