New Webmail Available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hedgehog
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
try to test out outlook sync and saying error that your server version is too old and get update to latest version?

thanks
Paul
imknight
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This will hopefully be resolved over the next few weeks, there is a newer version available however as we have made a number of modifications to the base code we need to get them applied before we can reupdate the servers with the newer versions.
Used our script installers? Please post your site here

| Wordpress Hosting |
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
hedgehog
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
any update? as mention final testing was back in Jan as June is appoarching?!

thanks
Paul
imknight
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anybody with hosting anywhere within the 34SP network is welcome to use the new webmail system.

Spam accounts will be amongst the first to go fully on to the new webmail as a server based solution.

| Wordpress Hosting |
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
hedgehog
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
as i meant about the web sync with outlook as still keep say version out of date :-S
imknight
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Really looks like that may only work when the account is hosted directly on the server, we are running the latest version of atmail now, as you may have noticed an ical abilty added to the calender area.

I know that outlook sync works with an account hosted directly on the server, but i cant seem to get it to work on an external account either, so it looks like its not designed sadly for that.

| Wordpress Hosting |
JohnHair
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,
I changed my DNS records for my domain as per the instructions in the first post a few days back, but its still pointing to Horde. Can someone take a look pls?

webmail CNAME webmail.34sp.com.

Thanks
John
imknight
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you remove the webmail A record that would have already been present? if you didnt then you currently have an illegal zone file that will not register any changes.

| Wordpress Hosting |
JohnHair
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes I removed the webmail A record. I cant see any reason why my config doesn't work.
imknight
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please let us know your domain name.

| Wordpress Hosting |
JohnHair
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Actually its working now!

Cheers
John
Nimco

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Read only email domain box Reply with quote
Is there any chance you could remove the readonly attribute from the email domain box on the @mail login. I want to be able to offer this webmail to all my clients, but to do so via a webmail subdomain on my own domain, rather than setting it up individually on every single client's domain.
imknight
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Im afraid this isnt possible - that variable is also used as a hidden variable for many other things.

You are welcome to simply create your own login page on your webspace and then you can create it how you wish. But this has been designed to make it as easy as possible for people who are coming from horde who do not have to set domain names on each login etc etc.

| Wordpress Hosting |
gav
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
will you be releasing a timetable as to when your moving people fully on to the new webmail as a server based solution?
imknight
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes users will be contacted prior to us making any moves of existing accounts.

The first to be moved would be new signups to spam filtering - we hope to have these systems all up and running in the next few weeks. Over the past few days new tutorials have been showing up on the http://support.34sp.com site geared towards the Atmail interface so hopefully it wont be long now!

Once thats in place - it is likely that existing spam customers will be the next converted before we start on any mainstream hosting changes.

| Wordpress Hosting |
Only_JC
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Email System Change - Do we have to change? Reply with quote
Hello

Will we be forced to abandon horde and use this new "@mail" system that you seem to have setup?

I ask because it looks to loose a variety of useful functionallity. Maybe I use options that a general user does not - I can see if your just using the new one for send/receive general read it looks a lot nicer to use.

A few issues I have, maybe already fixed or just not enabled as of yet:

1) Filters [Which I use to sort mail, spam etc easily]

These seem very limited, All I can find is I can check if an email address or subject contains a pattern but nothing more - No great filters like Horde does going through header patterns and all sorts.

2) Supposive Sync Tool

I've tried the sync tool, followed all instructions and nothing happens. I like the idea of the calendar and address book being updated between outlook and webmail but it just doesn't work.

3) Encryption

Although Mail Encryption allows PGP it no longer supports the S/Mime thats been used for a while in Horde. So any old messages encoded will no longer be readable due to lack of decryption support.

I'm not saying I have a lot of them, but I have a few and they will just stop being readable without the routines. Also PGP requires extra software in applications where as s/mime generally doesn't so is more universal.

4) Other

I do like the general layout of the pages, I'm using the full on version of @mail but miss options such as the select All by one click and often when selecting multiple messages to delete it decides to open them instead of just selecting.

Marking messages as spam also caused them to be displayed, even by right clicking from another message which is strange - Part of the point is so you don't read them.

I like the option for multi accounts - to set different email addresses however have the lost the custom signatures for it as they exist in horde. I help run support from my email for different departments of an organisation and use different email addresses with signatures depending on the subject... with the new system I have to re-write signature with every mail different from my main account.

Useful?

I've found a few things I like such as the ability to see the size of folders in my inbox - I discovered I had one folder with over 90MB of emails in it so can help clear boxes like that to a local PC instead of IMAP / Webmail

The display is a lot nicer to look at, right click is a welcome addition for options - just like an application on normal desktop.

The calendar option could be very useful, especially if the sync tool was to work or google calendar support was added to import/link.

I don't know if I really want to loose the functionallity of everything I'm used too - I know change is going to happen but is it necessary?

- John
imknight
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Email System Change - Do we have to change? Reply with quote
Only_JC wrote:

Will we be forced to abandon horde and use this new "@mail" system that you seem to have setup?

I ask because it looks to loose a variety of useful functionallity. Maybe I use options that a general user does not - I can see if your just using the new one for send/receive general read it looks a lot nicer to use.

Eventually we will be looking to totally phaseout horde, as it is a very old system that does have some major issues with it.

Only_JC wrote:

1) Filters [Which I use to sort mail, spam etc easily]

These seem very limited, All I can find is I can check if an email address or subject contains a pattern but nothing more - No great filters like Horde does going through header patterns and all sorts.

Filters in horde are VERY problematic, they cause numerous issues on a daily basis, and can lead to people being locked out of the mail accounts entirley, the filter support on atmail is agreed basic, but it does have the basic functionality thats needed.

Only_JC wrote:

2) Supposive Sync Tool

I've tried the sync tool, followed all instructions and nothing happens. I like the idea of the calendar and address book being updated between outlook and webmail but it just doesn't work.

This is due to the fact that the email is only being accessed by IMAP at this time, when the accounts are actually on the server this does appear to work.

Only_JC wrote:

3) Encryption

Although Mail Encryption allows PGP it no longer supports the S/Mime thats been used for a while in Horde. So any old messages encoded will no longer be readable due to lack of decryption support.

I'm not saying I have a lot of them, but I have a few and they will just stop being readable without the routines. Also PGP requires extra software in applications where as s/mime generally doesn't so is more universal.

I am not aware of any support for this or it being added (and wasnt aware of anyone actually using this on horde either)

Only_JC wrote:

4) Other

I do like the general layout of the pages, I'm using the full on version of @mail but miss options such as the select All by one click and often when selecting multiple messages to delete it decides to open them instead of just selecting.

Marking messages as spam also caused them to be displayed, even by right clicking from another message which is strange - Part of the point is so you don't read them.

I like the option for multi accounts - to set different email addresses however have the lost the custom signatures for it as they exist in horde. I help run support from my email for different departments of an organisation and use different email addresses with signatures depending on the subject... with the new system I have to re-write signature with every mail different from my main account.

The different interfaces do deal with things a little different.

In regards to displaying the spam - yes it does display them - but as a general rule all images etc that could be harmful are blocked automatically.

I believe the issue of multiple signatures has been brought up with the atmail team before if i recall, so it is something that may come in the future.

Only_JC wrote:

Useful?

I've found a few things I like such as the ability to see the size of folders in my inbox - I discovered I had one folder with over 90MB of emails in it so can help clear boxes like that to a local PC instead of IMAP / Webmail

The display is a lot nicer to look at, right click is a welcome addition for options - just like an application on normal desktop.

The calendar option could be very useful, especially if the sync tool was to work or google calendar support was added to import/link.

I don't know if I really want to loose the functionallity of everything I'm used too - I know change is going to happen but is it necessary?

The atmail interface is constantly being developed with new features added unlike horde which has not really changed much for several years , the ical calender support was a recent addition in version 5.3 and infact today version 5.4 was actually released (we will update soon after testing changes on our development versions)

| Wordpress Hosting |
Only_JC
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply...

I would prefer to be one of the later people to be pushed over althou I may be within the first groups as currently one of the new spam protection users...

I've had maybe 3 problems with horde in my time on here... Used it since round 2002 and liked the insane mail filters... Once had a set that took out most spam but when I upgraded to the new "anti-spam" service I lost all of them which was an annoyance but the new spam catch does seem to work really well I must admit.

RE: S/Mime in horde

Its quite useful for signing and encrypting messages, very useful from a website on an SSL connection to transfer personal information - this I guess will be upgraded to support PGP - an annoyance but a requirement I guess.

I'm guessing I will be forced to move over then, ah well. I guess if I really want horde to stay I could set it up to run from another subdomain or on another server [my other hosting] pulling the mail across even if thats a little extreme.

I dislike change when something is working, I often go with the idea of "it if ain't broke don't fix it" - works well in general.

Thanks
imknight
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
New spamaccounts will be one of the first to move, and then current spam users will be shortly behind.

It not just a different webmail, we are moving over to a full blown new mail server solution hence the change that will be taking place. This will be a first step in seperating services down so that servers are more optimized depending on what they are running.

It is possible that horde maybe able to be setup on a shared hosting account (cant say i have tried) and that you could then simply pull the emails in over imap still if you really do wish to continue its use.

The vast majority of feedback is that atmail is definitly a preferred client from those that have used it - but you will always find some hardcode horde users such as yourself who have got used to its ways and will prefer that still. Sadly its hard to please everyone in a situation like this.

| Wordpress Hosting |
lauradoom
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
There are some basic facilities absent from the @mail interface.
A 'To' field in the header listing, particularly for those accounts using aliases.
The highlighting of the current folder being viewed - helps attenuate paranoia when deleting en masse.
Related to this, and as mentioned earlier in the thread, a checkbox element to allow the selection of all displayed message headers, for those of us too lethargic to apply the shift key strategy.
Some indication of folders with unread messages, generally achieved by displaying the folder name in bold 'type' (plus a number in parentheses, just like these).
Some (other) indication of the number of messages in a folder, at the top &/or bottom of the header listing, such as 'Showing [i]x[/i] of [i]n[/i] messages'.

Naturally, there are too many positives relating to the @mail system for me to list here... *ingenuous smile*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    34SP.com Forum Index // Email Support All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: