service updates
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gav
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject: service updates Reply with quote
i was just wondering why the reseller accounts have been passed over again with the service updates.

personal and business hosting have been upgraded while the reseller account stays the same??

while the option of the mini vps is tempting, im happy with my reseller account.
it would be nice tho if 34sp rewarded us with an upgrade in resources as well....

this is the second system wide resource upgrade i have seen in the last 4 and a bit years and second time you have ignored the resellers....

are there any plans to upgrade the package...ever?
Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
As the mail you should have received says, reseller accounts are due to be updated in a couple of weeks. As Stuart mentioned on our blog the reseller update is a bit more involved than a simple resource boost.
gav
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
any update on this?
imknight
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Work is most definitly in progress, we are talking too a number of resellers with the largest amount of domains at this time. But it has not been forgotten and there definitley will be changes made in the upcoming future.
Used our script installers? Please post your site here

| Wordpress Hosting |
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
EastAnglian
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Many "couple of weeks" have passed now since the original message without any apparent upgrade in sight. Purely on a Mbyte/pound basis the 34sp.com reseller account is now looking a bit lame, even against the 34sp.com personal hosting accounts, though there are all the good things about it of course still.

I have one client who is very keen to expand his website quite rapidly and its eating into my 750 Mbytes - so can we get some definitive information on what "soon" means please?

Thanks

Malcolm
gav
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i'm a little surprised that its been 3 days since EastAnglian left his/her message and there is still no response from 34sp, its not like you guys to wait this long to reply.....

is there any update at all? even if its to say there is no upgrade coming, it has been 3 months now since you increased resources for everyone on the shared servers except the resellers,

i know ian said last month "work is in progress" but what i dont understand is, surly you planed for the resellers before announcing the resource upgrade to everyone.

i've pretty much hit my limit on storage now and i have just secured two new clients to build and host sites so im going to have to look at increasing my resources so any kind of update on this would be great.
imknight
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just to let you all know progress is being made. A number of updates were needed to our internal systems to allow for a new format of reseller account that we will be getting online in the very near future, these changes need thorough testing from a number of different other systems.

It will be quite a change to the current system and should benefit everyone quite dramatically and allow for a more flexible package for all at the same time.

If you do have large accounts on your reseller using large diskspace and/or espically bandwidth then do take a look at VPS as these are proving very popular due to the allowances on these.

| Wordpress Hosting |
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
gav
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
dont want to sound like a broken record but any news? has been a couple of months now since the last reply.
imknight
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Serverside changes are ready to roll, just need to update all our payment systems and we should be good to go on this.

We honestly hope this should be done in the next few upcoming weeks.

| Wordpress Hosting |
gav
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i came online to pay my reseller fees today and noticed that you have updated your website, looks very nice btw a well done to your designers, so i decided to check out the reseller package section to see if it had been updated yet with your planned upgrade

on the main reseller page ( http://www.34sp.com/reseller-hosting.php ) it says reseller hosting now costs from 1.25 per month, (15 per year)

is this the new price for all reseller accounts or just new customers?

as it costs me 15 per month (for the basic reseller account) obviously it will save me quite a bit of money with the new advertised price,

i was a little confused when i clicked on the order button on this page (below the 15 per year) to see if there were any other details as the next page says it costs 15 per month.

are there any more details regarding this?
greenpanda
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Any news on this yet? Reply with quote
I've been following this post for 6 months now - do we have a date for the upgrades yet?

I am at my limit with my package now and need to make a decision soon about starting a new reseller account. Considering for the same price I can get a 30 domain VPS (albeit with no support) from another supplier, I think the reseller update is well overdue.
idf
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Any news on this yet? Reply with quote
greenpanda wrote:
...I think the reseller update is well overdue.

Hear, hear!
Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Look out for a mail in your inboxes tomorrow morning...
gav
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks for the update Daniel
greenpanda
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great news and thank you 34SP! This solves all my hosting issues as I can now easily upgrade the space and transfer limits at an affordable price (God, I sould like an advert don't I?). Anyway, thanks again.

Email copied below for the record...

Quote:
Sir/Madam,

Your reseller account has been upgraded today. Prices remain unchanged, but a number of resources have been boosted. The new reseller account specifications are as follows:

Base reseller account:
50 domain hosting limit as standard
1.5GB storage space
15GB bandwidth per month
50 databases
50 subdomains
500 mailboxes/redirects/responders/groups

Additional upgrades: (extra per month)
£1.50 per 250mb space
£1 per 1gb transfer
£1 per additional 10 mailboxes/redirects/groups/responders
£0.50 per additional IP address
£0.50 per additional dbase
£0.50 per additional subdomain

Resellers with accounts larger than the base account have been rolled back to appropriate resource levels. Most non-standard users should find they are now paying less for a larger than normal account.

The reseller accounts will now be limited to 50 domains maximum. There is no ability to pay extra to host additional domains. If you need to host more than 50 domains we recommend our VPS hosting accounts:

http://www.34sp.com/vps-hosting

At 50 domains and above VPS hosting becomes a more flexible, stable and economical platform for multi-domain hosting. If you have any queries about these changes please reply to this email.

idf
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can I just confirm: email says prices remain the same, but this page says it is now 17.95.
Daniel
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh dear. Looks like a mistake in the e-mail I'm afraid. The price is indeed going up to £17.95 per month for the large increase in resources.

Stuart will be along shortly to apologise and confirm.
idf
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Daniel wrote:
Oh dear. Looks like a mistake in the e-mail I'm afraid. The price is indeed going up to £17.95 per month for the large increase in resources.

That's disappointing, I had assumed that the email said the price remained the same for existing customers, and that the increased price was for new customers.

The price hike takes the shine off the two things that have increased (domains and space).

Personally, I would have preferred more space/bandwidth and not as many domains.
gav
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Daniel wrote:

any update on this confirmation?

your official blog - http://www.34sp.com/blog/official-news/reseller-account-upgrades-are-here/

also says the price will stay the same
fov

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alas it all came just a couple of weeks to late.
I would have loved to have stayed but needed more and with no news I made the leap (and literally today sent the cancelation notice!).
I would have been slightly miffed by a forced price change but for the upgrades at last I would have soon payed that bit more!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    34SP.com Forum Index // Reseller Hosting All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: