Spam Filtering accounts on Personal Hosting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
imknight
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Spam Filtering accounts on Personal Hosting Reply with quote
As you may be aware we started making available a new webmail client to people several months ago (details at http://forums.34sp.com/viewtopic.php?t=13446 ), This was the first stage in moving emails out to a dedicated mail setup.

Over the last few days we have started now putting users onto this setup for their spam filtering accounts.

This system combines webmail with the controls for spamfiltering in a centralised location with no need to go to different areas to maintain active white/black lists or alter the sensitivity of the spam filtering engine.

It also has the added functionality of controlling greylisting directly from the interface, which is now available on a 'per email' basis rather than across the whole domain, and is enabled/disabled with a simple tick box.

If you know everyone who sends you email there is the ability to only accept email from email addresses in your trusted senders list - useful for those who only want to recieve email from people they know.

Anyone who is currently on the spam.34sp.com or spam2.34sp.com servers can email us and we can convert your accounts over to this new setup. Please note white/blacklist and settings sensitivity will not be copied across. Address books also will not be copied across but this can be exported and imported quite easily so make sure you export prior to requesting this.

There are a small number of tutorials of the new spam settings on 'Atmail' available at http://support.34sp.com/email/atmail-tutorials/
Used our script installers? Please post your site here

| Wordpress Hosting |
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
jools
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: spam filtering Reply with quote
I note you have changed something.

I don't often visit the forums, but have come today as I couldn't find the spam controls on plesk (mother). I only went looking as in the last week I have started to get spam again, building up at an alarming rate. I presumed it must have been turned off.

The controls in place had been working really well for the last couple of years and I was rather pleased with the service. Now it seems you have improved it, I don't seem to have spam protection at all..

if it ain't broke, why fix it?
imknight
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The mother.34sp.com has never had any spamfilteirng directly on it unless you purchase our spamfiltering upgrades.

What it did have (along with most of our other shared hosting servers) is greylisting - ive just looked at this and there was an error with the backend database which i have now just fixed. (The default action if there is an error in the database is rightly to let everything through)

I think you should find that this now helps your issues.
Used our script installers? Please post your site here

| Wordpress Hosting |
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
jools
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
cheers Ian.

No I don't pay for any extra spam filters, so it must be just the greylisting function.

Thank you for your rapid response.

J
Post new topic   Reply to topic    34SP.com Forum Index // Email Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: