34sp.com installers on reseller accout?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EastAnglian
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: 34sp.com installers on reseller accout? Reply with quote
OK, before I start, am I being really dense or has the search facility in these forums gone awol?

Question - can the installer scripts on 34sp.com (which I think are really neat!) be used on a domain which is hosted on my reseller account?

I've just tried to install Dada Mail on one of my domains and it has failed, saying the domain was not on 34sp.com and also suggesting it wasn't a Unix server.

I know I can install it by hand, but the installer scripts are smart.

Malcolm
imknight
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes they should work fine, what you must do is to ensure you enable php and cgi on the domain when you create it on the reseller - to get the message you got i would say you have not enabled php at the very least.

Alter these in the hosting setup area - and then just flick the domain off and back on, and allow 15mins before trying again.
Used our script installers? Please post your site here

| Wordpress Hosting |
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
EastAnglian
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Ian - spot on, as usual!

I hadn't enabled PHP support on that domain as I knew it was a CGI based Perl script. However, with the PHP box ticked the installation worked like magic.

Thanks

Malcolm
imknight
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is some ancillary files that are uploaded to check things like the domain is hosted on the 34sp network, some scripts also check out the document root for determining if the ftp account is a main account or a subdomain and such, these files are in php so you always need php enabled to use our installers.
Used our script installers? Please post your site here

| Wordpress Hosting |
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    34SP.com Forum Index // Reseller Hosting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: