help about website and ur service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    34SP.com Forum Index // Non Members Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: help about website and ur service Reply with quote
im am 16 and have been making a site for a freinds dads pizza resturant who wants online takeaway

i have it curently on a site called host-ed but it has one capability that i lack on it i found that you site surports it (form mail-smpt)

im good a creating sites but have no experience when it comes to paid hosting

i wish to have a domain that i know is not used and i know that i can get for 2 years

on this site im using oscomerce and i was wondering what package was best for me

on test site that has a little more work i use 7.79 MB disk space so far

i know i need a msql database and php and formmail

have not yet decided on how payments going to work i was thinking on payment delivery would i need ssl

the site at the moment is http://pasta-pizza.host-ed.net/
this is not an active site so dont buy
i have tought myself to this far need some guidence plz
imknight
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The question of if you need SSL really comes into how you take the payments, if you are collecting the credit card information directly on the site then yes you should definitly use SSL, if however the payments are being collected at the merchant side (eg paypal/protx etc) then you probably dont need SSL

You can update to SSL at any point, but please do bare in mind this moves the domain to a new IP address and will require DNS propagation time , these generally take around 24hrs for completion during which the site will be unaccessible (email will still work during this period though)
Used our script installers? Please post your site here

| Wordpress Hosting |
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    34SP.com Forum Index // Non Members Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum