Creating one user with access to two databases on server8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
micr
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Creating one user with access to two databases on server8 Reply with quote
I thought I would arrange two databases on one website to facilitate fully independent operation by two users. However for one particular query I would like to access tables from the two databases in a single query.

I have found the select syntax for this, basically SELECT * FROM db1.Table1, db2.Table2 ....... But for this to work I apparently need to have the same user set up on both databases. When I try to add a database user already set up for db1 to db2, PLESK gives me an error message saying user already exists. When I try an SQL GRANT USAGE ON ....
followed by GRANT ALL PRVILEGES ON ....
I get access denied ..... but I am not sure I have got the syntax correct for inserting the database username in these SQL Statements.

Is everything locked down by the server setup? So will I be forced to copy over tables from db1 to db2 which will be an additional administrative load to be carried out. I would have to do it whenever a database is updated say once a day.
imknight
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Im afraid so - plesk wont allow you to do cross database connections like this.
Used our script installers? Please post your site here

| Wordpress Hosting |
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    34SP.com Forum Index // Database Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: