request Spamdyke guide

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vdub
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: request Spamdyke guide Reply with quote
I would like to know if there is a guide for Spamdyke.

I am using a Reseller account on Server18 and currently Spamdyke seems to be blocking all emails until I add them to the whitelist.

Also how do I retrieve email that has been 'denied'
imknight
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Spamdyke only blocks emails that come from servers that are not RFC compliant, if you are having to do this you really need to contact the senders of the emails to sort out issues with their mailservers.

Many ISPs would simply be dropping these emails without giving you an interface to see whats being dropped, so really these people who are having issues getting to you are probably not getting emails delivered at lots of other places.

Emails that are denied by spamdyke are not in our systems at all, they are rejected at the smtp connection stage, they do not make it into our mailqueues.
Used our script installers? Please post your site here

| Wordpress Hosting |
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
vdub
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ian
Is it possible to turn off Spamdyke
imknight
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can add your domain name or similar to the whitelists - this should have the same effect, cant understand why you would want to open your domains emails upto emails that come from noncompliant sources though to be honest.
Used our script installers? Please post your site here

| Wordpress Hosting |
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    34SP.com Forum Index // Reseller Hosting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: