Cron and emailing logfiles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scribbler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: Cron and emailing logfiles Reply with quote
Not sure which subcategory this should be in, but mail seems like the best one.

I'm currently trying to find a way of mailing my access logs to gmail on a daily basis, and I thought the easiest way to do this was through a cronjob.

This is what I currently have...

Code:

mail -s "Access log GZ" -a /var/www/vhosts/DOMAIN/statistics/logs/*.gz email@address.com

I've just set this up, and it appears to email me the latest Gzipped log (which is what I want), but obvjously, it's untidy, and results in an error email immediately after...

Code:

/var/www/vhosts/DOMAIN/statistics/logs/DOMAIN-error_log-20140124.gz: Permission denied
/var/www/vhosts/DOMAIN/statistics/logs/DOMAIN-error_log-20140123.gz: Permission denied
/var/www/vhosts/DOMAIN/statistics/logs/DOMAIN-access_log-20140124.gz: Permission denied
Null message body; hope that's ok
"/var/www/vhosts/DOMAIN/./private/dead.letter" 2208/160369

Surely there must be a tidier way of doing what I want, or even, a better way of archiving these generated .gz files?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    34SP.com Forum Index // Email Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: