How do I access my cgi-bin folder via FTP?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zaonce
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: How do I access my cgi-bin folder via FTP? Reply with quote
I've just noticed that I don't have FTP access to my cgi-bin folder anymore.

When I log in via ftp, it says I'm in the root folder (/) but all I can see is the contents of (what I assume is) httpdocs?

I get the same thing if I use the File Manager from the control panel.

I know the cgi-bin folder is still there because the scripts inside it are being called via php.

Can anybody help me understand what is going on?

UPDATE:

If I look in the Server Guide section of the control panel it shows that my HTML path is /var/www/vhosts/zaonce.com/httpdocs which is what I would expect, but is this being used as the root folder when I log in via FTP?
lauradoom
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi zaonce

Hopefully you have this sorted by now, but if not, I had the same problem and received the following reply from support:

This is likely related to the ftp user details you're using.. Log in to 34sp,com, select sites > your hosting > ftp settings. Here you'll see the appropriate ftp username (which has top level privelages) and have the ability to reset the password for this user.

I followed the above instructions, and I now have access to the domain root folder, including cgi-bin.
zaonce
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Brilliant! Thank you very much - I thought I was using the top level username, but for some reason I wasn't.

Cheers!
lauradoom
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So did I, but then I'm terminally delusional :>) I assume this was one of the (unannounced) changes that occurred on migration to a new server and/or a Plesk Control Panel upgrade.
zaonce
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes - migrated server a few months ago - I just hadn't made any updates since. I didn't even notice until last weekend!

I also bizarrely lost the ability to include cgi-bin scripts via SSI - so now they have to be done via PHP!? No biggie, just a bit odd...
lauradoom
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not sure about SSI; I do everything via PHP anyway--but if the issue has arisen since the migration (and the associated software upgrades), I would send a query to support @ 34sp.com asking if there are new or additional settings/conditions that apply to cgi via SSI.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    34SP.com Forum Index // Website Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: