ELF file OS ABI invalid [help]

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    34SP.com Forum Index // Other OS Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
core2k
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:22 am    Post subject: ELF file OS ABI invalid [help] Reply with quote
we run a game server on a linux box with freebsd and after a reboot we have this error
unreal tournament returns

$ ./ucc-bin: error while loading shared libraries: ./Engine.so: ELF file OS ABI invalid

we also run teamspeak and this returns an error also
failed daemon aborted

unreal tournament2004 also but this is fine

any ideas? thnx in advance
theging

Location: The square of the magnitude of my wavefunction is greatest around London and Manchester.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
When you refer to the `linux operating system' you should call it GNU/Linux, as Linux is actually just a kernel, the operating system is GNU (a recursive acronym for ``GNU's Not Unix").

Are you getting these errors on your FreeBSD box or your GNU/Linux box? If it's on the FreeBSD box then you seem to be trying to run GNU/Linux binaries on it (I knows theres some support for this but I'm not sure how good it is, perhaps it's not enabled on your box.) Could you not recompile the software on FreeBSD? If it's on the GNU/Linux box then you may have to recompile Linux (the kernel) and add ELF binary support.

I could be mistaken though, and I apologise if I am. You should note that I've never had FreeBSD installed for a reasonable amount of time and so I'm not too familiar with it.

Daniel.

PS: Follow my links and read! :: Why am I mad at you? - I'm not, this is just my way of expressing interest in your opinion!
Code:
if($os == 'Windows'){ echo 'Why postpone the inevitable?'; $System->Crash(); }
core2k
34SP Newbie
34SP Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I dont really know much about linux at all.
it runs FreeBSD,i get the error when i try to start a game server or teamspeak from "putty" ,this is how we start/stop a game server.
i installed the game servers and teamspeak ok and have had them running for over a year now without any problems until now,i decided on the reboot as game servers seem to be running a little slow/not as good and the last time the server was rebooted they ran great.
ill try to answer any queeries as best i can but like i say im not to well up on linux,so all help is much apreciated.
thanks.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    34SP.com Forum Index // Other OS Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: